This programme is for you if you:
- Have experienced abdominal surgery and it doesn’t feel quite right and you can’t get to the bottom of it.
- Want a stronger core and pelvic floor and not worry you will wee when you cough, sneeze or jump.
- Are experiencing tightness or stiffness around the scar or other parts of the body that you can’t shift no matter the stretches.
- Touch your tummy sensation is reduced around the scar area and have been told its normal and expected.
- Are experiencing aches and pains around the lower back, hip area and nothing makes it easier.
- Experienced poor scar healing after surgery.
- Want more information on what you can do to look after your body after your surgery for life?.
- Are ready to understand how your body works so you can support it better.
If you have answered YES, together we can work to find solutions to help you feel more connected and empowered to support your body.
A treatment may include:
- Massage to help get a bigger and better breath to help relax you tummy muscles and also your whole body.
- Strategies to improve how your scar moves and feels. This may include some massage and some movement, depending on what is right for you.
- Home care advice for after the session and a plan going forwards.
After the session you will receive a detailed session report discussing everything we have discussed in the session along with exercise and nutrition recommendations. Your home care exercises will be sent to you as a video to continue after the session, as exercises on a piece of paper never make sense outside of a session.
The goal of the programme is to help your body relax and improve the healing and recovery process to allow space for more mindful movement and help you to ease those painful symptoms and improve your overall wellbeing.
We will use some tummy massage techniques to allow move blood flow to the area
At the end of your session we will go through some wonderful home care strategies to help make the most of your massage and to help take control of those aches and pains in pregnancy.
Your home care is then emailed to you (as if you are like me at the end of a massage your attention span is limited!).
How long have you been working in women’s health?
I’ve been working in health and wellness since 2007 and specialising in Women’s since 2014.
Where do I go?
I cover various locations in Hertford and can also come to you!
What do I need to wear?
Where something comfortable that you can move easily. For the massage section, you may feel comfortable being in your underwear.